Articles of Faith
- We believe in the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. (2 Tim. 3:16,17; 2 Peter 1:20,21; Matt. 5:17,18).
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deut. 6:4; Ps. 110:1; Matt. 28:19; Acts 5:3,4; 2 Cor. 13:14)
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man. (Isa. 9:6; John 1:1,14; Phil. 2:7; 2 Cor. 5:21).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed. (Gen. 1:26,27; Rom. 5:12; Rom. 3:23).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who by faith receive him as their personal Savior are justified on the ground of his blood, shed on Calvary, and thereby become the children of God. (1 Cor. 15:3,4; Eph. 1:7; 1 John 3:5-9; Rom. 10:9,10).
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord Jesus Christ, and in his ascension into Heaven and his present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate. (Matt. 28:6; 1 Cor. 15:16,17; Heb. 1:3; Heb. 4:14-16; 1 John 2:1,2).
- We believe in "That Blessed Hope", the personal, premillennial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (1 Thess. 4:16-18; Matt. 24:21; Rev. 20:2,3; Titus 2:13).
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead, the saved to eternal life and blessedness, the unsaved to eternal conscious suffering and woe. (John 5:28,29,43).
- We believe in the preaching of the Gospel to every creature and the edification of the individual members of the Body of Christ. (Luke 24:47,48; Eph. 4:11,12; Rom. 14:19.