A Few Thoughts on Abortion
By: Pastor Bill Nesbitt
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 - 03:17 PM
Facts about abortion:
1. The Abortion Industry brings in over 1.1 billion dollars a year.
2. Between 1970-2016 there have been 46,151,640 abortions in the USA.
3. Worldwide since 1980, there have been over 1.5 billion abortions.
4. 43% of women have had an abortion and 47% have had repeat abortions.
5. China performs between 13 and 23 million abortions a year.
6. The suicide rate for those who have had an abortion goes up 400-800%.
How do we determine that it is murder?
1. Is the unborn a fetus or a human? Human
2. Is it wrong to kill an innocent human being? Yes
3. One objection is, “What about when the life of the mom is at risk?” Medical experts say less than 1/10th of 1 % of abortions in the world are for this reason. Another objection is, “What about rape or incest?” The baby is innocent and should not be punished for the evil acts of the man who impregnated his or her mother.
How should we respond as Christians?
God creates life in the womb (Ps. 139:13-16). For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose but a matter of life or death of a human being made in the image of God (Gen. 1:26,27).
Human life is defined by Scripture from the point of conception (Jer. 1:5).
Will God forgive those who have had an abortion or work in the abortion industry?
Of course, our merciful God forgives. 86:5 “For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, and abundant in lovingkindness to all who call upon You.”
God forgives those who have had abortions, those who have encouraged abortions, those who paid for abortions, and the doctors who perform those procedures, etc…
How can we help?
Pray that the Supreme Court will overturn Roe vs. Wade.
Contribute to missionpreborn.givingfuel.com to provide ultrasounds for pregnant women. 80% of pregnant women, who are ready to abort their babies change their minds when they see their baby on an ultra sound.